Construction advise on 90cm high steps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickymint

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

SWMBO ordered a trampoline and despite my potestations over its size went ahead :roll: . When invited to review the assembly progess she had the cheek to say "Oh that's bigger than I thought it would be" :roll: (Wont say I told you so :!: ).
Now I have the pleasure of (according to SWMBO) " just banging a few bits of wood together with a couple of nails" :!:
The height of the offending object is 90cm.
I am currently drawing up the preliminary plans and would welcome any input.
Thanks,
Dicky(Bloody Nora that's huge) Mint

just male an old fashioned painters ladder = 3 rungs with a high rail.BTW where in B'mouth are you - as an ex " Tramper" I am curious on its size and make.
have fun bouncing BUT don't try to do any saltos !

houtslager Posted:

just male an old fashioned painters ladder = 3 rungs with a high rail

That would be a (relief/great) simple solution, however as I have a mini tribe of (over exciteable) kids (4) and a wife and other peoples kids on most weekends and ocasionaly the parents too, I need (I think) to create a very stable mini stair case. Now, I've not tackled stairs before and I want to balance form and function IE I would like something that won't B*GG*R the grass, would be easily movable and not tip over too easy. Hence I'm looking for an open frame work, the bit that is causing a little head scratching :? is how best to secure/fix the steps.

answers and suggestions still welcome (please). :D

Dicky (with grey hair) Mint

Oh and it's jolly big, 4 meters in diameter!
Not my scene though, until suitably sated with red wine. Although tried it once and found muscles in places that I didn't know had muscles :whistle:
think I'll leave it to the kids... hey is that a bottle of OZ red you've got there? (homer)
Dicky the Mint

Difficult one: stable = robust construction = heavy! Also, if you're planning to have a rail, wouldn't that be something else that users could fall onto, bang into, etc. when using?

I think I might consider a suitable pair of ally steps (the folding kind), which it might be possible to temporarily secure to the rim and one leg with some strapping/webbing/whatever. These would allow access (although only one at a time), not be too difficult or weighty to shift for grass cutting, be less of a "target" for users to avoid and as they are mostly rounded over at the top might be a bit safer if they are banged into.

Without pics, that's about the limit of my suggestions. :)

Ray.

What about buying a series of smaller trampolines which vary in height slightly and put them all in a row. Take a big run from the end of the garden and jump up onto each trampoline from the other until you are on the big one.

There...sorted :lol: :wink:

You would want to do that totally sober though.

Seriously though.... here are a pair of steps.
Ray.

dicky are you not supposed to dig a hole under the trampoline so that it is on the same level as the surronding ground ,then if you fall off when testing it you wont fall to far , tell the boss you will have to get permission from the council and have it checked by health and safety before you can install it,that should get you through the summer and in to winter and it will be to wet then . :twisted: :twisted:

Argee Posted
Difficult one: stable = robust construction = heavy! Also, if you're planning to have a rail, wouldn't that be something else that users could fall onto, bang into, etc. when using?

Fortunately the LOML ordered one of those safety enclosures as well which saved me from falling over when the bill arrived(£Kerching£!).

smiffy Posted:
What about buying a series of smaller trampolines which vary in height slightly and put them all in a row. Take a big run from the end of the garden and jump up onto each trampoline from the other until you are on the big one.

There...sorted

:lol: LMSO, Brilliant idea smiffy, now where's my wallet?

Frank, I think your master plan would have worked, however as it's up now do you think a retrospective disapproval application would be worth a try?

Would you think that in the interests of the weaker sex's mental health and financial stability, that we could have a book of excuses and fob off's to refer to in an emergency?

Oh I've just had a flash of inspiration, what about using a sort of painters ladder which I could hook / tie onto the top rail? Ahem, brilliant plan eh? :^o

Nah, nah, nah: we've got one, but no steps: the lack of steps is a safety feature: if you can't roll/bounce/hurl yourself onto the thing, you ain't fit enough to bounce on it safely... 8)

Oh - and although it cost a bit, it's worth it: just wait for the first night when SWMBO and yourself have partaken of a couple of shandies, and see who raises their eyebrow first and says: "I wonder what it would be like to..." :wink: (great during the pleiades shooting shower storms - like something out of a film...)

Dickymint":2marqazx said:
Would you think that in the interests of the weaker sex's mental health and financial stability, that we could have a book of excuses and fob off's to refer to in an emergency?

How interesting that guys should have excuses; women have reasons!

;) :)

Gill
Tin+hat+smiley.gif

Shady":37fiqk3c said:
...it's worth it: just wait for the first night when SWMBO and yourself have partaken of a couple of shandies, and see who raises their eyebrow first and says: "I wonder what it would be like to..." :wink: (great during the pleiades shooting shower storms - like something out of a film...)

:shock: :?: :-k 8-[ Timing must be a bit of an issue eh?
'wouldn't want to get out of rhythm as it could be quite dangerous?!
Apparently lots of people get badly injured on trampolines.... :D

Gill":1kezazpj said:
Dickymint":1kezazpj said:

How interesting that guys should have excuses; women have reasons!

;) :)

Gill
Tin+hat+smiley.gif

:lol: That's because we're usualy up to no good! and have to cover a multitude of possible misdomeanours without tripping our selves up with our retort. Do you know how difficult it is being BLOKE in a house full of GIRLIES?
:lol:
Dickythemischieviousmint.

Latest posts

Back