Constrasting veneers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
For our kitchen, the doors and wall panel I plan to veneer in Apple, Olive, teak or cedar.

What i'm not sure about is what to use for the internals. I did plan on european oak (quarter cut, slip matched) but then i did want to use sycamore for the drawers and inserts. I think mixing three species may look a bit too much, even if you don't see it all.

Whats the views on contrasting timbers.

Sorry Mate, couldn't help pulling your leg.
Seriously, I think its all down to taste (as the Furniture thread has exposed!) Why not make up a sample and see what you think. Do you know anyone who can do veneering :wink: :lol:
I'll get me coat.....
Philly :D

i have a few samples already.

I did ask the question to see what different contracting veneers people liked too.

Never mind, we'll just chat in this topic.

I could always add walnut in there, i think i may have a source of some 3 metre "offcuts" soon

Very nice Simon,

Wish I'd had when i first started, would have saved a lot of money, buying timber I thought might match but didn't.

Dom

Cheers fellas......funnily enough I've just been using it myself to match up and make some decisions about a little project I'm about to start.

SimonA

Andy - for me at least, two contrasting timbers is enough in a project, anymore than that and it starts to look overly fussy - Rob

Back