Considering a Budget PT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petey83

Established Member
Reaction score
So since getting back into woodworking I've been managing using a mixture of hand planes and power tools (router, router table and table saw) to dimension and thickness timber but I've hit a few limitations.

Firstly thicknessing by hand is no fun and is going to be less fun as I try and size up the timber I'm working with now I have a good source.

Secondly I want to get into bandsaw boxes now I have a decent bandsaw and it seems like flat faces is key to this given the blanks are made by laminating boards.

I was thinking about just getting a lunch box thicknesser and using a jig for flatening faces but that looks a bit fiddly.

So I'm now considering a cheap P/T that can be store away when not in use.

The Metabo HC260 looks decent for what it is but is probably more than I want to spend given the recent bandsaw outlay.

Then there is this from Lumberjack https://www.lumberjacktools.co.uk/produ ... r-lum00206
It's a clone of the generic cheaper P/Ts but it at least has cast iron tables and a reasonable looking fence. Noisy brushed motor but that just is what it is I guess.

I've thought about some of the even cheaper clones of this machine but having had the Titan from Screwfix before I decide cast iron tables and a box type fence are a must at a minimum.

Any other budget suggestions I should be looking at?

The erbauer Screwfix one seems cheap and cheerful. Not amazing, but does a half decent job.

Peter Millard reviews it on one of his videos if I recall.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

sammy.se":k07rciuf said:
The erbauer Screwfix one seems cheap and cheerful. Not amazing, but does a half decent job.

Unfortunately I believe that one is end of line now, we’ll that’s what my local screwfix said a few months back.

Richard

sammy.se":19kus1fn said:

Fits the bill, just a case of if Screwfix ever have them back in stock - seems they've still got the limited essential stock measures in place

If the OP does go for the Lumberjack P/T I'd be very interested in his opinion since I'm thinking of buying the same model.
Martin.

Latest posts

Back