Conservatory

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to speaking to my nephew and he says he's done a few now for my mates company and some as barrow jobs but he isn't sure on pricing as they are either priced by the company or by his workmate who he partners with but he seemed to think around the 4 to 5 thousand mark for a standard conny. I'm guessing if you do the work yourself or get a knowledgeable chap to help you, then it can be done for a whole lot less than the big companies are quoting. I will try to get some more info from his mate, who i know well and used to work with. In fact, he was my lackey when he was young and wet behind the ears.

thankyou Steve

hanser":3b8y94v3 said:
Interesting thread guys. Would a change of roof come under Building Regs?
i believe this was relaxed to permitted development

Steve

hanser":1bmiwb7x said:
Interesting thread guys. Would a change of roof come under Building Regs?

Apparently not, which is why it has suddenly boomed in popularity. Best to check around though as i think it's open to some interpretation. It used to be the case that a conny had to have 70% clear roofing, either polycarb or glass but things have been relaxed. I left the industry just as it was all changing, so i'm not up to speed. It seems like every man and his dog are now doing these, so it can't be that difficult to do for someone competent, especially if there is no BCO breathing down your neck. Most of the guys doing them are probably the ones who cleaned up on the fascia and soffit racket. Chancers who see a quick buck.

I was working at my nieces house yesterday and she lives on the same road as my mate who owns the double glazing firm. I spotted him coming home from work and asked him about the roofs. They use the same supplier as they do for their polycarb roofs, which come in kit form to fit each individual conny and are made by Synseal. They are called Celsius roofs and are made of timber components instead of the Ali that you get on polycarb roofs. He says that the fitters like the system and have found it quite easy to use, so it may be worth a look at them if you want to do one yourself. He didn't know any prices as his office manager deals with that side of it but i could probably find out if you wish. I expect they get them cheaper than Joe Public as they buy a lot of roofs from them.

Back