Connecting a NVR switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harris

Reaction score
A friend has disconnected a NVR switch on a power saw without noting where the spade connectors were joined. The none starting problem has been diagnosed as a faulty start capacitor and the switch has to be re connected. The only marking on the switch is on the back of the casing and is "IN" close to the two spades behind the ON button and "OUT" close to the two spades behind the OFF button.
The switch output is obviously then to go to the capacitor. Can anyone provide an easy to follow wiring diagram for a novice to follow in order to reinstate the switch. There is no information as to the manufacturer of the switch.

Morning Dave, thanks for the reply. There is no "stop" switch in this set up just the NVR switch with start and stop buttons and the start capacitor. Can I assume that the spade connectors on the live and neutral wires (which I can trace back to the power cable) go to the "IN" terminals and the other two other spade connectors then go to the "OUT" terminals as the the wires on those two spade connectors are already connected to the capacitor? If it is that simple, does it matter which terminal on the "IN" side I connect the live wire to because those terminals are not marked L or N. Similarly, does it matter which of the two wires that are connected to the capacitor go to which terminals on the "OUT" side of the switch?
Hope that makes sense as we don't wish to ruin the motor - if that is a possibility.

Fred.

I would have thought it was the live feed that goes through the stop button.

And I do think you can burn out the switch if you get it wrong.

I would wait for someone who knows what they are doing to come along.

Mick

Fred,

Glad to see you made it, I was going to do a photo of mine and send it but I now see there is no 'Stop' button so it wont be any use.
I don't think it is as simple as 'in' and 'out' so leave it at the moment, someone will sort you out.

Have you tried the Screwfix communities site?

Andy

harris":qpy1y027 said:
Morning Dave, thanks for the reply. There is no "stop" switch in this set up just the NVR switch with start and stop buttons and the start capacitor. Can I assume that the spade connectors on the live and neutral wires (which I can trace back to the power cable) go to the "IN" terminals and the other two other spade connectors then go to the "OUT" terminals as the the wires on those two spade connectors are already connected to the capacitor? If it is that simple, does it matter which terminal on the "IN" side I connect the live wire to because those terminals are not marked L or N. Similarly, does it matter which of the two wires that are connected to the capacitor go to which terminals on the "OUT" side of the switch?
Hope that makes sense as we don't wish to ruin the motor - if that is a possibility.

Fred.

The new capacitor must be connected back to the motor in the same way as it came out. there is not a 'standard ' way used by all manufacturers.

Otherwise, your suggest above seems to be correct.

Moral of the story ALWAYS make notes, draw diagrams or take phots before doing any dismantling.

hth

Bob

Hello again Fred

If you're lucky, the wiring on each terminal will have been cut to length individually, and won't look right if you put them on the wrong tags.

Which machine is it?

Someone with the same model might be able to help if you can't get anything from the maker.

Cheers

Dave

Back