Congratulations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMALMALEKI

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi
Is it only me or UKWORKSHOP website has new unwanted additions?
Today I have been redirected from the UKW several time because I was the chosen one to receive a special offer. It is such a nasty website that I couldn’t even return to previous page (UKW).

This has not happened to me, but likely because I use an adblocker on this site. The aggressive unrelated ads that bombard me when trying to browse the forum are annoying and distract from the viewing experience. I don’t use an adblocker for other woodworking websites because the ads are appropriate and not overwhelming.

If the owner of this site would control the shotgun approach to advertising, I would gladly whitelist this site.

I've been getting a message repeatedly popping up to say a redirect had been blocked, and that was annoying enough!

Turned Adblock off for UKW. Apart from WW machinery (and a mini helicopter?), never had any weird ads.

I tend to browse on Safari on my iPhone. Only minor ads at top and bottom of forum. Nothing untoward today, Axminster and perfume (odd) right now.

Fitz.

I run an adblocker all the time. I dont object to small ads on the corners of pages, but full screen pop ups are a step too far, so sorry and all that, but its staying on.
Right now its showing 4 blocked on this site. Some sites it goes as high as 20 ads blocked.

It seems to have affected buy and Sale part of website. There is where I get them.

Attachments

• 67EDB61A-3A4B-4AC7-A89F-BF21081AFD2D.jpeg
    67EDB61A-3A4B-4AC7-A89F-BF21081AFD2D.jpeg
    965.2 KB · Views: 110
  • F704878A-29B7-4F7B-989F-E058816BF505.jpeg
    F704878A-29B7-4F7B-989F-E058816BF505.jpeg
    621.6 KB · Views: 110
Back