Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Congratulations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

SMALMALEKI

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Is it only me or UKWORKSHOP website has new unwanted additions?
Today I have been redirected from the UKW several time because I was the chosen one to receive a special offer. It is such a nasty website that I couldn’t even return to previous page (UKW).

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
This has not happened to me, but likely because I use an adblocker on this site. The aggressive unrelated ads that bombard me when trying to browse the forum are annoying and distract from the viewing experience. I don’t use an adblocker for other woodworking websites because the ads are appropriate and not overwhelming.

If the owner of this site would control the shotgun approach to advertising, I would gladly whitelist this site.

Setch

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been getting a message repeatedly popping up to say a redirect had been blocked, and that was annoying enough!

dzj

Established Member
Reaction score
Turned Adblock off for UKW. Apart from WW machinery (and a mini helicopter?), never had any weird ads.

Fitzroy

All the gear...
Reaction score
I tend to browse on Safari on my iPhone. Only minor ads at top and bottom of forum. Nothing untoward today, Axminster and perfume (odd) right now.

Fitz.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I run an adblocker all the time. I dont object to small ads on the corners of pages, but full screen pop ups are a step too far, so sorry and all that, but its staying on.
Right now its showing 4 blocked on this site. Some sites it goes as high as 20 ads blocked.

Latest posts