Congratulations to DIYSALES.COM, NOT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've been keeping a watching brief on DIYSALES.COM during their summer sale and have noticed that a particular item has actually increased in price four times. :shock:

I've bought a few items from them and always found them to be fine. So I tried to email them to ask what was happening, [email protected], but it gets bounced back as undeliverable.

Thought you'd like to know.

Cheers
Neil

Well I have had a run in with diytools.com lasting three months & ending with me falling out with DeWalt (I wont be buying any more DeWalt powertools).
I purchased a DW351 Circular Saw this April via the Internet at a very good price & it was delivered within 2 days.
On close inspection I noticed there was some play in the shoe and being Mr nice guy rather than post it straight back (which is what I should have done) I emailed [email protected]. I got no reply, so I faxed the email message & still got no reply, I phoned & got a private number, so I faxed it again & followed it up with a call to a different telephone number. They said they would contact DeWalt. A further two weeks went by again I got no reply so I phoned DIYTools.com yet again, they said they would chase DeWalt . I got an email from DeWalt & a telephone call the result of this was that DeWalt were only prepared to repair this brand new power tool, by this time I was getting fed up with being messed around & I stuck to my guns with a strongly worded fax to both DIYTools.com & DeWalt at which point DIYTools.com arranged collection of the faulty saw & replaced it with a new one.
All this came about because of poor communication between DIYtools.com & DeWalt. As I said I should have been a bit more forceful of my rights under the Sale of Goods Act, I would have got much better service!
Mike

Hi all

Said item has now been reduced in price to 209 from 220.

They still have two more price cuts to go before it is at the same price as it waas at the start of the sale.

Cheers
Neil

Hi Roger

Roger Sinden":225srrot said:
Why not contact Trading Standards as what they are doing is illegal?

Giving them the benefit of the doubt I was working on the basis that they weren't aware of what was happening. I have sent two emails to feedback and both have been bounced back.

My experience of trading standards has been dire. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I wouldn't bother getting involved with them again. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

neil, what response have you had from trading standards as i am in the middle of a dispute with machine mart and would like your comments about them. cheers, jonny.

Hi JB

jonny boy":avymcniw said:
neil, what response have you had from trading standards as i am in the middle of a dispute with machine mart and would like your comments about them. cheers, jonny.

Here's one I prepared earlier.

Newbie_Neil":avymcniw said:
My experience of trading standards has been dire. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I wouldn't bother getting involved with them again. :roll:

My experience was nothing to do with tools and because of my bad experience I haven't contacted them about DIYSALES.COM

Sorry, but I'm no help at all.

Cheers
Neil

Latest posts

Back