Confession. I have a Parkside problem!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of next week's deals at my local Lidl is the 12v drill. I can't decide if the magnetic bit holder in the spindle is a gimmick or a useful feature (see picture). Anyone got one? Is it any good? What do you use your 12v drill for?
View attachment 101803

It's great, I love it.
I also bought their corded power drill which has the same chuck system. Partly because I wanted a corded screwdriver for big jobs but partly so I could have 2 chucks for my 12v drill.

I have a Bosch mini screw driver albeit 3.5v and I use it a lot for lower torque screw driving such as kitchen cabinets etc. It's a very useful occasional use tool.

HEADS UP:

"Hot off the (Swiss) Aldi shelves today (sorry for the German):

LED Floodlight (Aldi).jpg

It's a 15 W LED "Strahler" (foodlight in English). 240V, about 120 mm x 95 mm, cast ali body, gaskets on all joints, special cable grommet included, but no On/Off switch (so as it has the gaskets, it's probably water/gas tight, though it doesn't specifically say so).

Comes with all the bits & pieces shown above, but NOTE: NO mains 3 core cable & plug (that's no problem for me as any time I throw away any electrical appliance I always cut the cable off near the appliance - so I have a stock of 2 & 3 core mains cables, mostly with moulded-on plugs).

The light is VERY bright, as you'd expect from LED (ideal for me just now 'cos I'm doing some white painting in a small shower room), and also as you'd expect from LED, doesn't get hot.

Cost 9.99 Swiss Francs (haven't checked today's exchange rate, but roughly 8 to 9 quid). Usual Workzone 3 year guarantee.

Very nice IMO.

I have lost count of all the parkside tools I have bought ,,, 240v 20v and 12v . have most of the 20&12v cordless tools 😁 only been disappointed with the 20v circular saw as it just hasn’t enough power to cut 18mm mdf and 18mm ply without having to be coaxed through, it’s fine with 12mm and lower , but most of my cutting is 18&25 mm mdf I have to use a 240v saw ...I am going to try the performance circular saw when it’s available here maybe it will much better ,,, on another note I never had a parkside tool break on me yet and I have worked them pretty hard ,, my favourite tool has got to be the mini 12v angle grinder 🥰

I have lost count of all the parkside tools I have bought ,,, 240v 20v and 12v . have most of the 20&12v cordless tools 😁 only been disappointed with the 20v circular saw as it just hasn’t enough power to cut 18mm mdf and 18mm ply without having to be coaxed through, it’s fine with 12mm and lower , but most of my cutting is 18&25 mm mdf I have to use a 240v saw ...I am going to try the performance circular saw when it’s available here maybe it will much better ,,, on another note I never had a parkside tool break on me yet and I have worked them pretty hard ,, my favourite tool has got to be the mini 12v angle grinder 🥰
Have you tried fitting a decent blade to the circular saw? It's very likely to have been shipped with a rubbish one.

Have you tried fitting a decent blade to the circular saw? It's very likely to have been shipped with a rubbish one.
Hi , yes I have tried 2 other blades , a Freud and a trend blade , both only a little better but the saw it not up to cutting 18mm mdf cleanly 😭

I've got the mains powered sliding version and it's ok. I also looked at Aldi's cordless mitre saw at the time, but it was twice the price with a smaller motor.
Yes I have the mains one - a rebadged Scheppach - but I'm going to keep the cordless one because of convenience - it's small and light enough to hang off a hook on the wall near the bench and pop on the bench when I need it, without having to faff with power cables. The mains saw is on a shelf and doesn't fit on my bench without moving a lot of stuff around! I will keep that one for the heavy duty stuff where I set it up on a bench outdoors.

What do you use the angle grinder for?

And being Aldi, should be available to order online (a facility I wish Lidl would consider).

OK, if it helps you mate, here's the Art No and Model Number on the (Swiss Aldi) guarantee slip:

Art. No: 803094; Model No: NP-WS-8915.

I didn't notice until I got it home, but it looks like these units come in Black, White, and Grey (if that makes any difference)! So I guess that Model No. as least partly refers to the colour of mine (black).

HTH (and back to my white painting again today - I HATE painting)!

Can it be used for dust extraction on power tools?
Yes. I use it on an dewali oscillating sander and also a hand held orbital sander. I used the power feed on the vac too so it automatically starts and stops. Most recently it was doing an apparently good job in a shaper router - until I got worried about the Spaulding.

Mostly for cutting and chamfering 100mm pvc drainage pipe ,so much quicker than using a hand saw and file ,

Oh, no! You've just given me a reason to get one! And I was doing so well resisting the whole 12v range, too!

I need to call my sponsor and get myself to a PTA meeting!

Oh, no! You've just given me a reason to get one! And I was doing so well resisting the whole 12v range, too!

I need to call my sponsor and get myself to a PTA meeting!
I spent a few hours today using 12v tools , mini grinder cutting rusty 6inch nails and old screws
Sticking out of the rafters in my garage that had been used for hanging things from ,, used a 12v drill for pilot holes and another to drive screws in to fit hanging brackets ,, awesome for working above you’re head with one hand 😁

Just for a split second I was imagining you finding old nails and screws just to cut - sort of in the same way that Frank Buffay Jr. in Friends said his hobby was to 'melt stuff'...

Yuri is clearly in need of an intervention! I'll call the nurse and we'll get the safe house ready.
I’ll need a room too. Got totally carried away and bought TWO packs of ‘fruit gums’!!

Attachments

• D26720EA-1049-4690-9B2B-78450439DDF9.jpeg
    D26720EA-1049-4690-9B2B-78450439DDF9.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 42
Back