Concrete

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
I am getting very close to buying a bungalow that will require a fair amount of work before we can move in.
Just at the thinking stage.
I plan a decent workshop, for that I will lay a concrete raft.

The front of the property has been completely covered in once white stone chip pings.
These are now full of soil where the worms and weather have brought it to the surface.
This wil come out.
Somehow I will separate as much soil from stone as I can, but can I use "mucky" aggregate for concreting?
My thoughts was I can kill two birds with one stone

Sounds like a lot of work making all that concrete, Steve had a lorry that mixed the ammount he needed, that and some mugs :wink: to move the stuff is all you need, you could use the chips under the slab.

Pete

No, sorry. You can re-use the stone, though, as hardcore or loose fill, but you really badly don't want clay or organic matter in concrete.

Racers":9pxvtj5l said:
Sounds like a lot of work making all that concrete, Steve had a lorry that mixed the ammount he needed, that and some mugs :wink: to move the stuff is all you need, you could use the chips under the slab.

Pete

I knew I could rely on you!!
Please book a week's holiday sometime in May :D

lurker":crcgy54k said:

You alright there Lurker?
Look at you, going round inventing new words. Steady now.
Watch out for them Granma Nasties you are always hearing about.

Its not worth it anyway

Making concrete isn't cheap and chucking soil in it won't make it cheaper, just dung!

Back