Concrete Screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to fix a bracket to a block work wall, but it is in a very tight corner so I cannot get my SDS or Drill / Driver in to pre dill.

On the internet I have been looking at concrete screws, but they all require pre drilling.

Does anybody know if there is something I could use that does not require pre drilling please?

Can't see how you can make a hole in concrete without drilling sorry. :(

Might have to look at alternative fixings like no nails etc.

Could you possibly drill all the way through from the other side if its less tight and then put a wall plug in the side you need to secure on?

A cheap 90 degree/ right angle attachment for your drill will give you a hole up to about 1.25 inches or say 31mm from the corner ( give or take depending on what you buy).

You will lose any hammer action you might need since the attachment is a simpler geared mechanism. Probably best to use a mains drill and not a battery one and a new sharp bit.

Al

if you can get a 90 degree attachment use Bosch's multi bits. don't need hammer action for them, should drill concrete easily

"Concrete Screws" ???? Surely not.

Do you have, or maybe know anyone who has, an old Rawlplug device? You can get well into a corner with these. There haven't always been electric drills you know!

Richard

Hi Charlie, if you find the old Rawlplug tool is the only answer, drop me a line as I have some in a dusty corner.
chris

Back