concealed hinges with short base plates?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetsetwilly

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, a while back I knocked up some "temporary" kitchen units in our new house, just a frame of 2x2 par and some mfc shelves in it. Now (inevitably) they're less temporary (baby crawling, Glorious New Kitchen Plan no closer to fruition) and I need to fit doors. Want to make plain surface mount mdf doors and fit concealed hinges, but can I get any that will fit within the 2x2 (well, 44mm) frame uprights or will I need to do some more bodging?

I've done a search but apologies if this has been answered - new to all this concealed hinge stuff...

Face frame mounting plate part no. 322.95.702 from hafele would work, with various click on hinge types.

If you want face hung doors then hafele 95d hinges will over lay up to 28mm each side so that will work or if you want in frame hung doors the use the 15mm cranked hinge 100d that will put the door into the frame but you will have the problem of fixing the back plate on a 44mm post less the thickness of the door say 18mm leaves only 24 mm max for the fixing.

Yes, I can add blocks - I just wondered if there was a slimline base plate/hinge available

Hafele 95D appear to place the base plate hole centres 37mm from the front edge of the frame - bit close for comfort, and no better than any other afaik - or am I missing something?

Maybe i was unclear originally - I want to mount the doors on the front, just like a normal UK kitchen unit (half overlay frameless? Is that what they call it?) - the issue is that rather than a handy sheet with lots of depth, I only have a 44mm frame.

Chrispy":10tq31yh said:
Face frame mounting plate part no. 322.95.702 from hafele would work, with various click on hinge types.

This base plate is the one you need fixing 10mm and 23mm back from front edge.

jetsetwilly":3qihuzxd said:
Are you saying I should face-mount the hinge? The uprights are 44mm but shared between adjacent doors, so I think I have to mount them on the inside (same as 'normal' hinges in the uk)

Ah if you have two doors over one post then the plate chrispy suggests will be the one.

J

On the Hafele home page there is a search box put the part number in there with or without the dots that should take you straight there.

Latest posts

Back