Computer tower case help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me the name or supplier for this tower case of my computer .

The press button to switch on has broken, (the plastic lug that holds the cable array inside has broken) at the present time I have some selotape inside holding things together.
Still awaiting for my new computer (some parts) and the local maker want to add a new tower case and I want to save money!

Attachments

• casew.jpg
    casew.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 333
Hi DW

It could be almost anything as most of them come from the far east and in all shapes and sizes. I doubt you could buy a replacement switch though you might be able to salvage a s/h one.
Can you not glue the thing back together, but is it worth the effort when you can buy new from about £15 upwards?

Bob

You are right of course Lons. Just trying on the offchance that someone recognised the model and supplier, I would have tried my luck for a replacement switch. I think the case cost me over £60 five years ago.

I would rather have new than a glue job, I would not want to reinstall equipment if the swich failed again after gluing.

As Bob said you'll never find the manufacturer. A little fast setting epoxy is probably your friend here I think. It's just a push switch that momentarily connects the two wires running to the button so any old button will do. If you open up the case you'll find two wires running from the switch to the motherboard. There will be a connector on the end of the wires that is attached to two pins on the motherboard. Shorting these two pins together is what switches the machine on - I once booted a machine with a fork as I couldn't find a switch to use :). It's a simple job to fit another button somewhere on the case, certainly an easier job than moving all the parts to another case.

Oddly enough the button on my machine is giving up too, damn thing keeps sticking in.

Thanks wobblycogs. You have exactly the same sensation I get on the button.

There are two little lugs which hold the cable assembly switch to the button, one of my lugs has broken off.

I suppose a lump of epoxy smothering the assembly might work but playing with future aggravation I suppose.

Latest posts

Back