computer pictures help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
My laptop (which is using vista and has never given me this problem before in 10 years of use) has suddenly started to open every picture with windows paint. Which means the picture is now 8 times larger than my screen.
I have not altered any settings deliberately, and dont even remember any key stroke "accidents".
please tell me how to get all my pictures opening in one full window again.
Thanks

in W7 I right click and go to 'open with' then 'change default programme, you can then change what the default programme is, not used windows vista in a long time but it should be the same.

I'd get off Vista if you can, it hasn't been supported by Microsoft for about 2 years so there are no security patches etc for it.

As far as getting rid of vista, I've seen the shambles that is everything since.
I'll stick to my favourite mantra.
IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT.

Thanks Nev, that got my pictures back to the format I'm used to. But i had difficulty finding the open with tag. I eventually found it after opening a single picture, then I had to choose from that single picture options to use photo gallery for everything.
No idea why that happened, i expect it was a senior moment on someones part :roll: :roll:
All back to normal now. =D> =D>

Just a tip for anyone with an older PC that is not so useful anymore (i.e. too slow), and can't be upgraded to Windows 10.

I converted my two old PCs to Chromebooks, and now they fly again. I can even use them for online SketchUp.

Google 'cloudready' for instructions and a machine compatibility list, all you need is a 8gb USB memory stick.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Got any tips for old brains that are too slow and dont function anymore?
I understood at least 6 words there, but then I just kept hearing lah lah lah lah. :roll: #-o

sunnybob":2bsb7p3w said:
Got any tips for old brains that are too slow and dont function anymore?
I understood at least 6 words there, but then I just kept hearing lah lah lah lah. :roll: #-o
Become a peer in the house of Lords? :)

It's sounds difficult, but isn't :) happy to walk you through it if you need to do this.

www.GallerySammy.com

Btw, i think I highjacked your thread. To your original question about photos, let me get some screen shots and post them here on how to fix the Vista photo issue.

www.GallerySammy.com

Sammy, see, what i did there? :roll: My brain aint dead yet, but its way past learning new computer fiddle dee dee.
If i need help in the near future, I shall ask my 8 year old grandson, pretty sure he will know all about it.
Ta for the offer though. =D> =D>

sammy.se":3r5sf6z0 said:
Just a tip for anyone with an older PC that is not so useful anymore (i.e. too slow), and can't be upgraded to Windows 10.

I converted my two old PCs to Chromebooks, and now they fly again. I can even use them for online SketchUp.

Google 'cloudready' for instructions and a machine compatibility list, all you need is a 8gb USB memory stick.

Thanks Sammy, that's one I hadn't heard of.
- https://www.neverware.com/freedownload

Back