Computer doing funny things - virus?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a problem when typing on my PC.

Every so often, the text stop typing in sequence, and the next few characters you write will move to where the cursor position is. Quite irritating.

Any suggestions?

Karl

Is this when your typing an email? I ask because exactly the same happens on our laptop whenever the wifes on. It never happens to me, when for example I am on this site or any other social networking sites.

Stew

Is this a laptop or an actual PC karl?

This happens all the time with laptops as your fingers hover near the touchpad and without even touching it you can trigger a single click, moving the cursor to where the mouse is pointing. Very annoying. If your having a similar problem on a PC could be a stuck mouse button?

Well I did think that it might be something to do with my thumb brushing over the mouse pad on the laptop, but it isn't.

I re-booted the laptop about an hour ago, and it seems to have packed it in for now. Fingers crossed.

take the battery out and just use the mains lead. I had the same problem on a dell laptop and it turned out to be the battery. leave it in and get severe jetlag, remove it and sorted!

Back