Compusory breathyliser in your car

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digit":39dm8e26 said:
I meant the two fingered type John! :twisted:

Roy.
A friend of mine was living in Germany some years ago.
His son who had recently passed his driving test there was
driving past a known favorite speed check point. He drove
past within the legal limit holding up two fingers. He only got
a few meters down the road when he was stopped and given
an on the spot fine of 10 Marks. :cry:
So sign language is perhaps not a good idea.
Roger.

theturner":22nhpg04 said:
Digit":22nhpg04 said:
I meant the two fingered type John! :twisted:

Roy.
A friend of mine was living in Germany some years ago.
His son who had recently passed his driving test there was
driving past a known favorite speed check point. He drove
past within the legal limit holding up two fingers. He only got
a few meters down the road when he was stopped and given
an on the spot fine of 10 Marks. :cry:
So sign language is perhaps not a good idea.
Roger.

I like to think my sense of humour was more flexible than that. :D

Jonzjob":1tkb1pzc said:
Gendarmes have also been know to tell U.K. motorists that if they have committed a road offense here and it is for more than one point that they need to change their license for a French one. Once again, this has happened and it's a load of old pony. It would be true for me because I still have my U.K. pink paper license and they can't take points off of it.

But it would also be true for you as you are resident in France. :) It is for any points but, anecdotally, not pursued too rigorously if only 1 point.

Got 1 point a few years back for speeding on an Autoroute up North. I was flashed and fined for doing 131 kph! IN a 130 limit.. I paid up by post, no points deducted and no licence change. The French start with 12 points and when they got none they don't got a licence either :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Typical French, bum about face. It took me AGES to realise that OTAN, when it was being read out on the radio is NATO to everyone else :? :?

The priority to the right is definately a major factor in French road accidents.

On the breathyliser thing, as has been mentioned above, there is a time delay between drinking and when it is highest in the blood stream. So you test yourself after comming out of the pub and you're under, fourty minutes latter you're stopped and you're over the limit, and you don't have a new unused kit in the car so that's another fine :roll:

I have to say that what ever the French system throws at us it is still a better place to live in my humble opinion.

But that's on a very personal level and a good deal to do with my situation. The dry climate is good for my arthritis along with the very good medical situation here.

Tranquility rules OK and after 7 1/2 years we still love it!! I ain't knocking the U.K. After that time here I ain't qualified to do so, but I love the life we have here, in a house that we could not have even dreamed of in England and neighbours that are all you could wish for.

Sorry for the hijack! We also had 20 years of wonderful holls here before the big move so saw it from both sides!

Wildman":1vsdm7d2 said:
RV you can run but you can't hide :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well Roger the penny finaly dropped :oops: Yes, has been a long time, have e-mailed you.

Back