Compressor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodythepecker

Established Member
Reaction score
My old compressor has gone to that junk yard in the sky, and so i need to buy a new one.

The old one was 8 bar, direct drive, and had a 50 litre tank, but i now want to buy one that has a bit more power and can cope with any tool i connect to it. I want to use it for both woodworking and restoring cars, so the tools i will use could be anything from a nail gun and sander, to a metal cutting tool (car body) and anything in between. I will use a spray gun but this would not be for fully respraying a car (i leave this to the pros), more touching it up. On the woodworking side of things, i will be using a gun to spray both lacquer and paint.

My questions are,

Is belt drive much better then direct drive?

Would 10 bar be more suitable to my needs?

Would i be better off getting one that needs oil rather then "oil free", as i have heard that they last much longer?

This will not be used in my sons workshop not mine so it will need to be 240 volt?

Is there anything else i should look out for?

Lastly can anyone recommend a manufacturer?

Regards

Woody

Go for a belt drive they are quieter and last longer due to slower running speeds unless it needs to be portable in which case go for direct drive.

Check out machine marts range I have one and it has been an excellent performer.

Mike

Back