Compressor hose adapter?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, France. Now Corston Malmesbury
I am just starting out to do some airbrushing on my RC model gliders. I have a compressor and it has a 'normal' push fit hose connector. I also have a short length of hose that was used for something else and it has a 3/8" screw thread fixing on teh output end. The airbrush I am getting has a 1/4" fitting on the hose and I am looking for a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter for it.

Any ideas anyone please?

Machine mart if they are local to you are pretty good on airline fittings. Take the bits along.

Anywhere that deals in airlines (obviously & not British Airways) or hydraulics.
The art is finding these small units tucked away on trading estates.

lovely, you are obviously far better at flying them then me, I have 3 balsa guppys, actually that's not quite right, I have 1 balsa guppy in 3 peices. :)
I'd be really tempted on a 3m span to use a touch up spray gun rather than an airbrush

I have something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Air-Spr ... SwjvxbRxPf

means you can cover the entire wing in 1 pass, no overlapping and less runs. :)

That Guppy looks like a nice little model and would go well on an electric motor me-thinks. I'm not too keen on the smelly noisy infernal combustion engines. They upset my hangover :shock:

The Minimoa will only be sprayed on the solid surfaces and not the fabric. Plus, I will probably be putting some detail on it as well, but ta for the info on that gun.

Back