Compressor fault, help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Fiac branded 2HP compressor with a 50 litre tank that has started playing up.
The problem with it is when it is filling with air, basically it wont switch off on it's own when the tank is full, you have to do it manually. Any ideas, is this an easy DIY repair or has it got to be taken in somewhere ?

Any help much appreciated

Regards

Steve

Somewhere on the high pressure side or the pipework will be a pressure sensitive switch that should cut off the compressor when the pressure gets to about 8 bar. On many compressors this also has a manual on/off button on the top.

This is not working properly. Maybe it is full of dust. Another possibility is that the electrical contacts have failed and welded together.

There are also usually some adjustment screws which if you are careful/confident in what you are doing, could be moved by say 1/2 a turn either way to see if this helps.

I don't know the brand you mention but if it is one of the many badged machines of eastern origin then spares support might be difficult.

Maybe if Machine mart stock a machine with a similar looking switch, you could order through them.

Take care with your experimenting. Both electricity and compressed air can bite!

Bob

Edit:
Is it this one?

http://www.aircompressors.co.uk/Product ... _Cosmos_50

Try contacting them or there is an address here

http://manufacturing.kellysearch.co.uk/ ... /900266623

Thanks for the reply Bob,

It's similar to the one you've linked to.

I will investigate further tomorrow ( visitors today ! ) and see what I come up with.

Regards

Steve

A lott of compressors also have either a filter of a simple one way valve in the airline between the tank and the cut off switch. If this becomes dirty it can stop the cut off working properly.

Back