Complex drilling - can you do this for me? CNC job for grabs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjm699

Established Member
Reaction score
For once I have a work project to put on here for assistance,

I need to get someone to drill some holes in some 50mm plywood for me. - 2*25mm bits as one

7548924000_566a0c15d1.jpg

7548924450_3a2c2e22ae.jpg

The grey angles we would get made elsewhere - does anyone know who might do this kind of work - there are 64 plates to do, 32 like the one shown and 32 with more bits (25) on them.

The extent of the work required in the shown example is the drilling of 16 holes but each has a specific angle in 2 axes. preferably they would be counter-bored but we can do that if needs be

7549035844_9350289092.jpg

this one has the sides removed from the ply to show the path of the holes through the main body

if you can do this work or know who can, I would be most interested to hear from you, Phil

Robert Wearing has some interesting ideas on (what he calls...) "Coordinate drilling".

Probably overkill for the purpose he illustrates (chair and stool leg sockets) but possibly useful for your purpose.

BugBear

I have found lots of engineers with 5 axis CNC but no-one wants to work with wood, slightly stuffed at the current time

Try enquiring at a local furniture or shopfitting company. In my experience, working at a furniture company in the past, they do have large cnc machines.

I would pass on their details, but they've gone bust now....

We have 2 large CNC machines at work, however we currently have an 8 month backlog on our own work, so can't imagine them taking on smaller jobs. But as said try more local and you may have some luck.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

Excellent, thank you very much all, I shall go and terrorise the local furniture makers, Phil

If you don't have joy with the local furniture makers, it can't do any harm posting your RFQ on MYCNCUK.com...

Have a word with Ray at RS Sets in Chichester 01243 531240. They started off doing theatre sets and the like but now do mostly exhibition work I think. I have used them to CNC MDF formers and their work has been excellent and sensibly priced.

Jim

Latest posts

Back