Competition - What Are You Entering?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First name not Andy but I do know several!

My entry will be my poker chip box - wip is my avatar at the moment - a long way to go!

Stewart

Neil.
is it possible do you think that there are others out there not aware of the comp?
Could a PM be sent to all members perhaps? Or a subset of current/live Or would that blow the server?

Andy (who thinks rule 11.7 is not being enforced)

Hi Andy

It was decided some little time ago that UKW would not generate mass emails to users. Also the email address is not a mandatory field on the profile.

From personal experience, I know that a lot of members do not pick up their personal messages.

The competition thread is a sticky and this thread will also show up as unread to users. The purpose behing this thread was to try and generate some interest in the competition and actually get people to post their wip photos.

Cheers
Neil

Neil,
Just wondering, which forum subject area would be the best place to put competition WIP threads? "Projects, workshop tours and past mistakes" or "General Woodworking"?
Andy

AndyG":1slcqmhw said:
Neil,
Just wondering, which forum subject area would be the best place to put competition WIP threads? "Projects, workshop tours and past mistakes" or "General Woodworking"?
Andy

General Woodworking please. Just put "COMPETITION WIP Photos" in the heading.

Thanks
Neil

Well after a lot of dithering around and trying to incorporate a curve into my next project i have decided (assuming it's fimished on time) to enter the comp.

Not resdy to reveal the project yet in case I change my mind.

For the benifit of the judges it's only a small curve.

As a point should we post as we progress or wait until the project is complete?

Hi Waka

Waka":2bsqn45d said:
As a point should we post as we progress or wait until the project is complete?

Please post any wip photos as you progress. It all adds to the enjoyment and it is a requirement of the competition.

Cheers
Neil

I think since I have such a popular name :shock: I'll maybe have a bash....WIP photo's to follow....HMmm curves! that's gonna be tricky...

Andy

I've developed a great list of projects I aim to tackle this year, but cannot devise something with a curve unfortunately. :(

...But what I would like to know is whether bowed timber would come under the 'curved' heading? :wink:

Back