Competition piece not here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
As title this is for the club competition not sure now that is complete that I like it but the wife does and I am not arguing.

Made from Sapele and tulip wood the coloured bit was a failed pot that I had shaped but it was too shallow to show what I wanted so it became the decorated piece on this rather large box.

It is 5 1/2" diameter and 8" tall.

C & C Welcome

DSCF6730_zpsvu8bqkzg.jpg

And before anyone asks the inside and I have not taken any of my bottom :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSCF6732_zpsbtbyvt4i.jpg

Very precise and sharp definition, good box.

Could see a variation on the theme for/as an up market Christmas Pudding (with a more globular base).

Think you have absorbed the Finale book now.

CHJ":34cd6tpy said:
Very precise and sharp definition, good box.

Could see a variation on the theme for/as an up market Christmas Pudding (with a more globular base).

Think you have absorbed the Finale book now.

Thank you Chas, As I said this came about after a bowl went wrong.

I like the comparison to a X-mas pud :lol: :lol: :lol: and I can see it now. As for the finial that is a result after reading a PDF by Patrick Sikes on good and bad finial design

I like it , great rescue as well. I am going to do some rescuing this winter when it slows down a bit. A fellow always has an oops or three that cant be thrown out, or is that just me?

dennisk":2q39978o said:
I like it , great rescue as well. I am going to do some rescuing this winter when it slows down a bit. A fellow always has an oops or three that cant be thrown out, or is that just me?

No not just you but it is great fun seeing what can be rescued from an OOOPs moment

Good stuff dalboy
The 'surprise' is on the outside and invites the client to open for even more drama but alas its not to be
Thats my only critique otherwise excellent standard

Harlequin":1hfd50z8 said:
Good stuff dalboy
The 'surprise' is on the outside and invites the client to open for even more drama but alas its not to be
Thats my only critique otherwise excellent standard

I dunno, put a great big hairy spider inside, that would give a surprise, not to mention some more oops moments, (hammer)

Back