Competition - New Workshop name-CLOSED-winner picked!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Following my thread elsewhere WRT the new workshop, I would like to make a sign to hang outside it ala New Yankee Workshop.

Thought it Might be fun to let the Forum suggest some names based on/around the following.

The workshop is part of 'Jack lane farm'
maybe my sons name 'George Harrison'
I want to make some Guitars in the future. (Can you tell what my other hobby is?)
I want to make furniture.
The Workshop is in Manchester

This should get you started, if you need some more themes let me know.

As an incentive, I will offer an old #78 Stanley that needs restoring to the best answer. I guess it would be wise to pick a deadline of 30th Jan 06 to give some thought time
2005_1221_144508%20copy.jpg

:D

You must be able to have some fun with this.

Lee

Working on the Mancunian musical theme, I'd suggest "the Oasis".

Gill

Picture of the prize now inserted. Just incase you need some motivation. Although I realise this may have a negative effect :oops:

Cheers
Lee.

Maybe for Manchester "Pitter-pattah-bang-bang" (think rain and nails), or how about having "Sawted" written on the door? (or would that be for London?) You could support the Galoots by having the epithet "Rhykenologists planely do it smoother" above the door (Rhykenologists are people who study planes, I'm told), whereas another name that springs to mind is "Screwzone" (screws on?). On a musical note you could name it after that band..... "Buzzted". They get worse, don't they? :lol:

Someone stop me..... Maybe it's the motivation of the plane???? Or is it the Day of the Jack Lane Farm?

Scrit

My mates call my workshop the Old Yankie Workshop , but they change the Y for a W :-k

Lee
What about the "Wood Beatle Workshop"?
Philly

Heh heh

They are all good. But I like really Phillys.

keep em comin'

=D>

Matt1245":1r86h9l2 said:
Sounds Wooden
Woden you just know it, just thought I'd put that in for the Record..... (one for BugBear/Alf there) :lol:

Scrit

Hi there Lee,
Just a few to be going on with:

TWIST & ROUT

RHYTHM & GLUES

RHYTHM & SCREWS

THE SAW TUNES (the Fortunes)

D-RIFFT-WOOD (as in Riff)

THE PLANE TRUTH

SOUNDS: A COW STICK (as in Acoustic)

Hope these help.
Regards.