Competition deadline

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I know the deadline for the competition has been published for ages and ages and there is no real excuse except that I have been a bit busy (not as busy as I'd like mind!) and everything i've been doing has, oddly, had no man made stuff in it (and not much margin either if the truth be told!)

So its a plea to Keith and the other judges to ask if the comp deadline could be moved to Sunday night to use all the weekend.

Feels a bit like school! :oops: Tim would do better if he didn't always leave everything til the last minute

If the answer is no then fair enough and I'm not even sure what chance I've got anyway (where's Aragorn? 8-[ ) but at least I will have done something for the house that I've been putting off for ages.

Nothing ventured etc etc.

Cheers

Tim

Alf that is true, now we have bent the rules he HAS to come up with something :roll: The pressure is on :lol:

Plus we only have one entry in the beginner section and there are 2 prizes so I just hope it may encourage a couple more entries.

Keith

Woodythepecker":1f2mzr8b said:
No Problem, so come on Tim really stun us

Actually, I don't think there is much chance of that.

I just know that if I don't get this finished this weekend it will drift on and on etc. I'm not being falsely modest here - I'm pretty confident that there will be some stunning surprise late entries.

Alf - trust me - not even labs could eat this!

Thanks for the extension guys - hope it helps others out too.

Cheers

Tim

Tim, good luck, hope you get your entry finished.

Alas the deadline extension date will not help me. At my present rate of progress I reckon on at least another 4 months before mine is anyway near complete!

Andy

tim":10ebctk8 said:
(where's Aragorn? 8-[ )
tim also":10ebctk8 said:
I'm pretty confident that there will be some stunning surprise late entries
Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Tim? :wink: :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

Are retrospective pieces allowed? If so, I'll enter the Mackintosh wardrobe from last summer. It would meet all the other crteria, I think (although I'm afraid WW couldn't publish it as GW have had it already), but in terms of appropriate use of materials (bendiply and Hafle) I would have thought it was at least legit.

?
Steve

Neil":2swwxame said:
Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Tim?

I know - lets bring the deadline forward! :wink:

Has he been heard from by anyone recently? Maybe this will get a response! :lol:

Cheers

Tim

Steve":3q018qpf said:
Are retrospective pieces allowed? If so, I'll enter the Mackintosh wardrobe from last summer. It would meet all the other crteria, I think (although I'm afraid WW couldn't publish it as GW have had it already), but in terms of appropriate use of materials (bendiply and Hafle) I would have thought it was at least legit.

Fair point - there was initially a restriction on this based on number of WIP and finished photos already posted but then the rules were altered for the advanced category.

Can we have a judgement please? I've got a couple of options that I might enter instead!

Thanks

Tim

Steve Maskery":2fvops3m said:

Steve there were never any rules about retrospective pieces so although I don't want to discourage Tim from finishing the piece he is currently working on I suppose a retrospective piece would be OK. But the piece would have to be able to be featured in The Woodworker as per the original competition rules here

The idea for the rule that only a few photos could be posted was to ensure that new (to the forum) pieces were entered rather than pieces which had already been posted on the site. The rule change was just to allow the advanced section to show more details of the work.

So my view is retrospective pieces are OK if they have not been previously posted on this site.

I hope everyone agrees that this is the fairest approach.

Keith

Keith":1u8wov45 said:
I don't want to discourage Tim from finishing the piece he is currently working on

Okay then - I'll put the new thing in (if I get it finished in time!!). 'Piece' is probably far too kind a description - 'annoying damn thing that won't go right' is more apt.

Cheers

Tim

Keith
Thanks for the clarification.
The only other piece I can think of is a very nice clock (and you can't get much more man-made than a clock, can you?) I made a few years ago, but it would score Zero for originality, as it was a project in FWW.

I think I'll give this one a miss. Sure fancy the No.4 though :)

All the best to all entrants.
Steve

Even an extension til Sunday night isn't going to give me the time I need to finish.. :cry:
I was hoping to get a piece done for the comp, but the last few weeks have been mega hectic, not least because we have recently found out we will be having another baby (third one :roll:) and TPTB has been really bad with sickness. Woodworking for the comp has had to go on hold whilst I take care of things for a while.

I'm still going to make a modified version of the piece I was planning, and I'll do WIPs for it when the time comes.

Good luck to everyone else! :D

Hi Aragorn

Aragorn":xfqo4rhb said:
...not least because we have recently found out we will be having another baby (third one :roll:) and TPTB has been really bad with sickness.

Sorry to hear about Mrs A, but congratulations to you both.

Cheers
Neil

Congratulations on your news Aragorn.

I have to say that tomorrow night is looking pretty impossible for me as well but I'll soldier on and see where I get to!

Nearly set fire to the damn thing today in a fit of pique but then burning MDF isn't the nicest so I thought better of it!

My wife had just persuaded me out of the workshop and thrust a G&T in my hand. I think that is feminine short hand for 'shut up and get a life!' :lol:

Cheers

T

Back