Competition Closed!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Some wonderfully inventive stuff here peeps if a trifle Pythonesque at times.

I declare Alf the winner by a long head on account of numerical superiority and undoubted workability of most of it but Adam deserve a special mention as he entered early into the spirit of the thing and gave me a good laugh.

Accordingly, if these two good folk will PM me their addresses, I shall entrust the Post Office with their prizes- carefully graduated with regard for number and quality of answers. No lemons - both guaranteed useful.

Commiserations to all those too late or too under the influence to participate fully in this exciting UK Workshop competition - apologies to Charley if I am taking his name in vain.

I didn't even get a mention.
I'm hurt!

Congrats to Alf and Adam. Hope the prize was worth the, er, well you know!

I say more of these UKworkshop competitions! Great laugh!

Gosh. I haven't won any thing since the £3 book token I got as runner up in a school competition acting a scene from the Scottish Play when I was 12. I don't know what to say. I'm overcome. I'd like to thank my producer, the director, my stylist (you have a stylist? Of course, how else would I know which checked shirt to wear in the 'shop?), the Academy of course, my second cousin's poodle manicurist, the wunnerful, wunnerful members of this forum... <sniff> It's no good, I can't <sniff> go on... :cry: <exit sobbing winner clutching an Oscar, a BAFTA, the Palm D'or and a large drink> :D

Cheers, Alf

OK OK I have definitely missed something here. Was there really a competition?
Who set it? Chris?
When?
Where?
What were the rules?
Why didn't it appear in my new posts list?

Cheers

Tony (confused and tired)

Blimey, just what I needed to chear me up. I ripped a muscle in my back playing squash yesterday, which seemed not too bad at the time, a little difficult to get out the car back at work, but... by the time I came to go home, I had to hold every hand-rail and wall on the way to the car, it took 5 minutes to get from the car to the front door, and I spent the rest of the night in agony crawling :shock: on my hands and knees round the house as I couldn't stand up. Fortunately its a bit better today and I can sometimes stand vertical but it's bloody murphys law again, I had a set of shelves to make/fit this weekend which was postponed from two weekends ago when I had a virus. Not only that I have two beehives to move (newly collected swarms in them) but at about 20-30 KG each, I don't think i'll be carrying them for a while. Why does stuff like this always happen at such in-oportune moments. <rant-over>.

Adam

Adam.
Rant completely sympathised with here.
A couple of years ago I partially slipped a disc in my back whilst carrying a tool in work. Needless to say it was bl##dy agony. Laid up for about 3 weeks and off work for 8 total. Couldn't cough, sneeze, laugh, f*rt or anything without feeling like I'd snap in two!

What's the point in being off work if you cant spend it woodworking??!!?? :x

Get well soon, mate (or the joblist will simply pile up - as mine did. Dont think I've finished them all yet :D )

Gary

Adam,
Many commiserations old chap. As a periodic sufferer from a bad back (old slipped disc - a bit like Gary) I can certainly sympathise.

In the light of your pitiful physical condition, I shan't be sending you the old anvil I had in mind - what should it be I wonder?

Ooo, Adam. Nasty. :( Get well soon. Guess what, I get the odd recurring dose of back trouble too. UK Workshop? Nah. More like Wrecks Anonymous. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Big challenge is to get from the car to the physiotherpist shortly. Problem is I "lock-up" everytime I sit still for a few minutes.....

I have to drive, so will definately arrive in a state.

Oh well.

Adam

Well I do home visits!
Not sure I can get around the whole country for Alf, Chris, Gary... :roll:

Alf":2t3zigld said:
Tony,

Bottom of this page. Gotta keep on your toes round here, ya know. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Blimey, completely missed that. Ta Alf.

Admin question. Why do I mostly see a link to a list of posts since I last logged on but sometimes the list is empty - but when I manuyally look at the forum I find new posts?

Cheers

Tony

Tony":2c76wvm3 said:
Admin question. Why do I mostly see a link to a list of posts since I last logged on but sometimes the list is empty - but when I manuyally look at the forum I find new posts?
Tony, why is a piece of string? I really don't know, but it happens to me intermittently too. :(

Cheers, Alf

Tony
This only happens to me when I exit the browser and then return to it. If I keep the browser open, my unread posts remain intact.

Latest posts

Back