Commissioning a 'used' Sedgwick planer/thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crazylilting":3e4lm2nx said:
I just acquired an old one like yours. It's green though. It is a wonderful machine however mine does not have any dust hoods! Can they be gotten? I've contacted Sedwick by e-mail but haven't heard back from them and i'm getting tired of vacuuming up everything after planning.

You got a nice machine there.

Try phoning them. Emails tend not to get answered.

crazylilting":1d75mg2b said:
I just acquired an old one like yours. It's green though. It is a wonderful machine however mine does not have any dust hoods! Can they be gotten? I've contacted Sedwick by e-mail but haven't heard back from them and i'm getting tired of vacuuming up everything after planning.

You got a nice machine there.

why not make one out of ply or mdf?

simples

John-Henry

I only have an old Perform planner thicknesser, used in thicknessing mode only after buying a Multico planner, the dust hood did not fit well so I made one:
DaveL":27nqqplm said:
I have the Axminster Perform version of this machine and could not get the dust collection 'thingy' to fit in thicknessing mode, so I made my own from scrap bits of timber and a plastic dust collection fitting, all held in place with two small clamps.
Dscn3855s.jpg

Dscn3858s.jpg

Works quite well. Note there is a bit of foam rubber stuffed in the slot of the blade guard, give a better suck on the path though the cutter head.
When machining wide boards, you do have watch that the long shavings don't get caught on the fitting, I have only had a problem with full width sycamore doing this.
As John-Henry says :

simples

Back