Comment by a person of a certain gender.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably a promotion agenda.

It seems that in order to be an 'effective' manager in today's world you have to show you have made changes. No one ever asks if the changes were for the good but they frequently appear on promotion applications, the spin being whatever the applicant want it to be.

Mick

Any letters of complaint should be addressd to 'Dear Head Person of no Specified Gender.'
And leave the stamp off! :twisted:

Roy.

I read about this in the morning paper complete utter PC pineapple, I really think we are doomed. The jobs worth that let this happen should be sacked, I even wondered that it was a wind up.

In a 'normal' world i would have thought that it was a wind up as well, but the world that some of these people inhabit most certainly isn't normal.

Roy.

If you trawl through pineapple papers you will find pineapple stories. It's their bread and butter - they know people will buy this sort of dull stuff. The supply is endless.

Tell me jacob, what newspaper would you recommend for the discerning reader?
Please do not suggest the Guardian as it recently had to make 37 corrections to the Milly Dowler reports, at least the Express report is correct.
Happy New Year! :lol:

Roy.

It's a newspaper story, doesn't matter what newspaper as they all put their own spin on things to suit their readership, take it all with a pinch of salt.

Jacob":s9ghyoio said:
If you trawl through pineapple papers you will find pineapple stories. It's their bread and butter - they know people will buy this sort of dull stuff. The supply is endless.

But Jacob it still doesn't detract from the fact that in a time of sever financial constraint this is a supreme waste of money. Do you not agree? Or do you approve of this sign change? A simple Yes/No will suffice.

Lowlife":3j134to5 said:
It's a newspaper story, doesn't matter what newspaper as they all put their own spin on things to suit their readership, take it all with a pinch of salt.

I agree that most newspapers will put a spin on things or report things that support their particular editorial policy. That does not detract from the fact that this is totally barmy and a waste of money. Surely you agree?

If anyone thinks this was a good thing to do, then you have to be quite concerned for their state of mind.

RogerS":3hc0ifi6 said:
Lowlife":3hc0ifi6 said:

I agree that most newspapers will put a spin on things or report things that support their particular editorial policy. That does not detract from the fact that this is totally barmy and a waste of money. Surely you agree?
Yes but the world is full of un-interesting daft stories of people doing silly things, and always will be. Why do they attract so much interest?

Jacob":35otlym5 said:
RogerS":35otlym5 said:
Lowlife":35otlym5 said:

Yes but the world is full of un-interesting daft stories of people doing silly things, and always will be. Why do they attract so much interest?

Please, Jacob. Just for once answer the question.

Do you think that changing Green Man to Green Person is daft?

RogerS":n6573flb said:
Jacob":n6573flb said:
RogerS":n6573flb said:

Please, Jacob. Just for once answer the question.

Do you think that changing Green Man to Green Person is daft?
Yes, but as a story it is completely uninteresting with no bearing on anything much.

They attract so much interest because some people live for this stuff, if you dig a little deeper than the headlines you often find these stories have been totally exaggerated or completely made up.

Remember the classic story about "racist" black bin bags years ago? Made up by the press.

Renaming manhole covers? Made up by the press.

I could go on and on...

This story has more than a passing similarity to those and hundreds of other similar stories, all designed to provoke a knee-jerk reaction amongst newspaper readerships, who apparently can't get enough of these stories that affirm their view of the world, and never fail to rise to the bait.

Lowlife":ygoape2j said:
They attract so much interest because some people live for this stuff, if you dig a little deeper than the headlines you often find these stories have been totally exaggerated or completely made up.

Remember the classic story about "racist" black bin bags years ago? Made up by the press.

Renaming manhole covers? Made up by the press.

I could go on and on...

This story has more than a passing similarity to those and hundreds of other similar stories, all designed to provoke a knee-jerk reaction amongst newspaper readerships, who apparently can't get enough of these stories that affirm their view of the world, and never fail to rise to the bait.

So you think it is a wind up.

It isn't, sadly, Newt. The article first appeared in the local Boston paper and then picked up by the nationals. Funnily enough there is nothing on Lincolnshire's website press releases but only I suspect because it is the holidays.

Latest posts

Back