Comment by a person of a certain gender.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":2w0a3kzd said:
Curious, I did a bit of digging on the provenance of this article.

This was a new sign and not a replacement.

Lincolnshire are not replacing signs across the county with this new wording.

Lincolnshire used similar wording to that given in the Highway Code.

So, yes, good old Express having a pop at political correctness.

Null points to the Highway Code for being pillocks in pandering to some politically correct 1984 activist in changing what everyone knows as the Green Man to Green Person because coming up with something like this totally detracts from what gender issues are all about.

Null points to Lincolnshire for not having the balls to use Green Man.

I'm surprised you didn't pick up on ankledeeps strap :D

Null points to me for wasting my time on this :oops:

RogerS":2knt1yty said:
Curious, I did a bit of digging on the provenance of this article.

This was a new sign and not a replacement.

Lincolnshire are not replacing signs across the county with this new wording.

Lincolnshire used similar wording to that given in the Highway Code.

So, yes, good old Express having a pop at political correctness.

Null points to the Highway Code for being pillocks in pandering to some politically correct 1984 activist in changing what everyone knows as the Green Man to Green Person because coming up with something like this totally detracts from what gender issues are all about.

Null points to Lincolnshire for not having the balls to use Green Man.

Null points to me for wasting my time on this :oops:

Why spoil a perfectly good internet argument (AKA loud swapping of prejudices) with facts? :lol: :lol:

BugBear

RogerS":29rn0fsq said:
Null points to the Highway Code for being pillocks in pandering to some politically correct 1984 activist in changing what everyone knows as the Green Man to Green Person.......
Not according to this PDF http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_070108
It's green (or red) "figure", which seems to be utterly uncontroversial and uninteresting.
I suppose it could help halfwitted Daily Mail/Express readers who at crossings might be looking for a green "man" - a real little chap dressed up like an elf, directing traffic.

19216.jpg

halfwitted Daily Mail/Express readers[/quote

I see politeness or liberality wasn't on your New Year resolution list then Jacob?

Roy.

Back