Coming up at Lidl Ireland

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using mine most days for approximately the last couple of years. Very pleased with it and I would happily buy the same again. The power take-off was temperamental on the rare occasion but a gentle tap on the top seems to have solved the problem. Just a slightly loose joint somewhere and certainly no big deal. I bought mine after seeing them recommended on this forum and it is probably my most useful and used power tool. Excellent bit of kit especially considering the affordable price and the long guarantee.

I modded mine to use a larger diameter hose to clean vivariums. The substrate I use is shredded cardboard and clogged up easily with the original. The power take-off is a godsend especially when up a ladder with a drill in one hand and a hose in the other. Harry

Am I right in thinking it is just a power take of, unlike a makita model I had years ago, which turned on the vacuum when a tool was plugged in and used.?

artie":mr7iqvsh said:
Am I right in thinking it is just a power take of, unlike a makita model I had years ago, which turned on the vacuum when a tool was plugged in and used.?

No

The power takeoff on the Parkside will turn on the vacuum whenever the attached power tool is switched on. The vacuum runs on (30 seconds I think) after the power tool is switched off , before shutting down.

A really good piece of kit and excellent value for money.

Hobbyshop":2v5weitv said:
artie":2v5weitv said:

No

The power takeoff on the Parkside will turn on the vacuum whenever the attached power tool is switched on. The vacuum runs on (30 seconds I think) after the power tool is switched off , before shutting down.

A really good piece of kit and excellent value for money.

Bloody hell, for sixty quid, I won't be missing that.

I think the Makita was 200+ and didn't even last very long.

a very good piece of kit, although not the most robust around. Additional bags and filters need to be bought online. I wouldn't use one without the bags as the filter can clog up quite quickly. Yes the vacuum turns off and on with the tool when set to the tool setting. Exceptional at the price.

If I recall the Lidl plunge saw appeared in NI first, so hopefully this will follow the plunge saw across the Irish Sea.

Terry.

This was a few days ago, don't know if they have any left, it doesn't look as good as the Lidl one.
Rutlands.jpg

Attachments

• Rutlands.jpg
    Rutlands.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,144
Graham Orm":3tsl1onu said:
This was a few days ago, don't know if they have any left, it doesn't look as good as the Lidl one.

It doesn't appear to have the take off plug.

RossJarvis":3lzfux8u said:
a very good piece of kit, although not the most robust around. Additional bags and filters need to be bought online. I wouldn't use one without the bags as the filter can clog up quite quickly. Yes the vacuum turns off and on with the tool when set to the tool setting. Exceptional at the price.

Ross, could you possibly post a link for the bags/ filters, I can't get anywhere when I attempt it.

Brian

Owl":3i4kacci said:
Ross, could you possibly post a link for the bags/ filters, I can't get anywhere when I attempt it.

Brian

Brian I hope this helps, here's a link to the manual;

http://www.lidl-service.com/static/8082358/63677_EN.pdf

which says on page 11 to contact the service centre on page 25!!! for spares.

The bags are product number 30250110 and the service centre UK is 0870 787 6177.

I think they only have the spares around the time the main products are sold, so don't always have them in stock.

regards

Ross

I bought bags from e-bay much cheaper than the price quoted by the service centre.
Try an e-bay search for "Parkside Vacuum cleaner bags.

Haven't gone looking for a filter yet.

Back