Come on own up, who got some free advertising this morning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsb

Established Member
Reaction score
While watching the BBC morning news today, there was a piece on the increase in postage costs of parcels. As in most news articles they spoke to someone who happen to be in the post office, posting parcels. Luckily he happen to have his company's web site printed on the back of his jacket and then when spoken to face to face, his company's name appeared on the screen.
Anyway, I looked on his site and couldn't get on it. Priceless advertising- right place, right time.
Here's a link to his site--http://www.woodpad.co.uk/
Personally I wouldn't buy one but I enjoyed the video on how he made them, and I wish him all the best

What a simple and effective idea!

Not sure having the video will help his sales though - now we all know how he makes them (not that it's that hard anyway).
And it's a very simple design to copy, should one feel so inclined...

Maybe he got the idea from Steve Marin (He of Meremortal fame) He made a 'book-stand' for one of those mini-computers they call a tablet.. or something like that.

Pretty good too. If you have one of the tablets.

I give this fella full marks and, as Mailee said, good luck to him. :D

Thanks for posting that Tsb

I think it's a great idea and good luck to him. Certainly worth £20 for the materials and labour involved IMO.
No-one on here is going to give him custom and I wouldn't want one but kids think nothing of spending 20 notes and it's an alternative to the usual plastic rubbish. Pity it doesn't have a charger as well :lol: :lol:

Bob

RogerS":28xr5o98 said:
woodaxed":28xr5o98 said:
more fool the person that owns an ipoo

And your point is ?

Unconstructive, certainly.

I don't have one. No need. I like my workshop radio too much.
My daughter and Granddaughter use them though. .

And they are pretty bright! BTW, they don't get their IQs from me! 8)
I might cobble up something like this for them at Christmas.

I saw the article on the tellybox and then had a look at his website....may others had the same idea as it had crashed due to too much traffic :mrgreen:

Good bit of advertising for the chap, and good luck to him.

DOH!! I made two of these very similar for some friends who asked if I could make them something to hold their iphones.

Not as slick an operation but worked a treat.

Good luck to that man.

These seem to be very simple to make (providing you have the spindle moulder)!

Anyone know how the recess could be done without a spindle moulder?

Thanks guys!

I think it would be possible with a router come to think about it!

Here is what I would do.....

Thickness timber down with a P/T
Put a chamfer on the the timber using the P/T and a template board that goes on the bed of the P/T
Cut the groove in the timber by using a straight cutter in the router and guide it either using the standard fence or by using a clamped straight edge.

Thinking about it, they seem straight forward to make!

Given the size of router bases, would a cutter of the correct diameter have the required throw at that angle?
xy

That's a good point! It slipped my mind that the iPad angle was at a different direction to the chamfer!

Back