Combining a router and Router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David O

Reaction score
Newbie .. I bought a MacAllister Plunge routerMRO1200 and Table RT200 which turn out to be incompatible. B&Q/MacAllister say that they are both so old that there is no-one who has Technical knowledge of the items even though the table was supplied packed in sealed bags in its original box.
Has any one experience of these tools and which should I look to replace and with what?whoes?
Thanks David O

I don't know specifically about these two items but "how incompatible" are they ? - I cobbled a router into a table by drilling new mounting holes in the table's mounting plate to register with the router base . . . .

[Usual caveats on safety and commonsense!!]

Rob, Many thanks,The Router Table kit includes a two part shroud fitted of course when the router is up-side down. It is obstructed by various fittings and controls, cast-in mounts for depth marker and similar variable stop..... fitting point for extraction adaptor, and as you rightly guessed lots of holes none of which line up to secure it to the table.
The table on the other had looks ideal. All the safety devices and fences you would expect but no depth control. I am wondering about putting them back on eBay and starting again when a little better informed. Hence the question what should I retain and what should I get rid of?

Back