Combination Thing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
First and foremost I want to opologise to Tony for the drawers.

All the hardwood for the doors and drawer fronts are from offcuts, so no waste of wood.

It also took me longer than the 2 days for the last router table project.

Had some ply left over so decided to give my old faithful router table a make over. I wanted to combine this with my DT jig which has remained hidden in a box for quite a few years (no good having tools and not using them), I always found it a chore to get it set up.

Combination-001.jpg

The yellow cable hanging on the side is for the DT router which is 110v
Combination-002.jpg

My choice of router is the Trend T9, only becuase I got it cheap at the show.

Combination-003.jpg

On the backside of the router table I have made a stand for the DT jig, this is now permanantly fixed, so no excusse for not using it.

Combination-004.jpg

The cupboard is for storing all the DT jig associated bits and bobs. I have not put handles on these doors because they could interfere with the wood while using the jig.

Dust extraction out the bottom.

Still waiting for NVR switches, Axminster are out of stock.

Now this is out of the way I can get on with a small commission that I have to do.

A man with two router tables has too big a workshop.

A man who flaunts a dedicated Leigh Jig riding on a mobile second router table is just a cad! :lol: :lol:

It's only a matter of time before we discover once and for all if you can actually be gloated to death isn't it...? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Thinking Waka needs to be seperated from Philly for our own good. :wink:

Alf":1p3rn4tg said:
It's only a matter of time before we discover once and for all if you can actually be gloated to death isn't it...? :roll:
Sorry Alf. Thought that had happened already!
Waka - lovely job, and what a good looking DT jig you've got there mate!

Waka
Proud of you Mate (wipes tear from eye) I've taught you everything I know and now you're on your own! :D
Top job, great idea, and well executed (and thats just the gloats :twisted: )
Keep up the good work,
Obi Wan :wink:

It looks really good, but doesn't the position of the Leigh jig limit how far back you can set the fence from the router cutter? I take it that's not a problem?

I'm dead curious because I've got a Leigh jig myself, gathering dust, and a definite need for a new router station (once I've got a proper workshop... :roll:).

Gill

Hi Alf

Alf":3pefhnjb said:
Thinking Waka needs to be seperated from Philly for our own good. :wink:

Nah. Now when did you ever see that many photographs from Philly and none of them contained a Festool, LV, DW or LN tool?

Sorry Waka, but you've obviously still got a long way to go to catch up with Philly. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

PS Great job on the table.

GillD":10nfosce said:
It looks really good, but doesn't the position of the Leigh jig limit how far back you can set the fence from the router cutter? I take it that's not a problem?
Gill the veritas router table top is 24" x 18", the way I've got the DT jig set up is approximately 5" from the back of the table, this enables full travel of the fence without coming into contact with the jig.
Good to hear that your new workshop is onthe way.

Neil":10nfosce said:
Nah. Now when did you ever see that many photographs from Philly and none of them contained a Festool, LV, DW or LN tool?
I guess my gloatings not up to par with Chris and Philly :D :D :D. The two gloats this week were to show that I can actually produce something in the workshop, and also another excuse to get more tools.

Now if I had a Rat could I mount it on the other table, ummmm have to think about that.

Back