Combination Square sets Moore & Wright vrs Oxford Precision

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deema

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m in the market for a new combination set, soooo I’ve been researching the options. Ideally I’d like hardened and ground surfaces including the ruler. The only option I can find is the Moore and Wright set, all the others have stainless steel rulers. However, the Oxford precision set, which looks identical is half the price. So, researching who Oxford Precision are, I’ve found that it’s just a trademark owned by Cromwell Tools. The trademark is for use with measuring kit! Clearly Cromwell, I don’t believe, make the combination set, so it’s highly likely it’s a rebadged Moore and Wright set, sold with the Stainless steel rule used on the budget M&W set. A M&W replacement hardened and ground rule is circa £30, making the Oxford set almost £70 cheaper than the M&W badged set. After a lot of ramble, has anyone tried the M&W ruler in the Oxford set? Does anyone know for definite if the Oxford set is a rebadged M&W set?

Back