• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Combination oil stone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
Double sided stone , 8x2” good quality and condition except a few splits in the box.
No brand but it says “Fine” on one end
It feels equivalent to the Norton “0” combination, which is much finer than their IB8 - fine enough for all normal woodworking purposes.

£20 inc UK post

IMG_3870.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3874.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG

Double sided stone , 8x2” good quality and condition except a few splits in the box.
No brand but it says “Fine” on one end
It feels equivalent to the Norton “0” combination, which is much finer than their IB8 - fine enough for all normal woodworking purposes.

£20 inc UK post

View attachment 112394View attachment 112395View attachment 112396View attachment 112397
Anybody want this? It is the classic oil stone fine/coarse combi which is good for almost everything. I'll Ebay it shortly

A good stone. I frequently see them at the boot sales for 50p. They seem to be quite common down here.

A good stone. I frequently see them at the boot sales for 50p. They seem to be quite common down here.
Well thanks for that useful information! :LOL:
On Ebay classy stones like this one go for £15 to £25 plus p&p. New £25 and up.
Nobody wants it so I think I'll keep it anyway. It's obviously too good for the denizens of UKW!

It was one of the things we had to make as an apprentice.
Box for your stone, still got mine and still use it.
All you could use was a saw and a chisel & then only 3/4 of an hour to
do it in.
If it did not sit flat in the box you never heard the last of it...lol

It was one of the things we had to make as an apprentice.
Box for your stone, still got mine and still use it.
All you could use was a saw and a chisel & then only 3/4 of an hour to
do it in.
If it did not sit flat in the box you never heard the last of it...lol
Still got mine too. Hollowed out somewhat. It was a coarser grit, more like Norton IB8 than this one.

Back