Combination machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpsjoiner

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening! Just wondering if anyone uses a combination machine for there work?
I’m using the robland hx310 pro fitted with the spiral cutter head, very impressive finish from it,

The downside of using it for me is breaking it down to use other functions,

I’ve just bought a kufo spindle moulder to keep setup with the powerfeed bolted on,

I’m still tempted to buy separate machines again now I’m in a bigger premises,

Be good to read of others feedback on the combination machines,

Attachments

• 8662DD78-41D5-479B-8148-AC4575919F4D.jpeg
    8662DD78-41D5-479B-8148-AC4575919F4D.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 3495D33A-AEEF-4086-9A04-DDD721C74228.png
    3495D33A-AEEF-4086-9A04-DDD721C74228.png
    675.2 KB · Views: 31
Combination machines of whatever flavour are a compromise, separates in a ideal world are always preferable but sadly other factors come into play such as space that mak the combi a more practical solution.
personally I’d really like a large panel saw but that’s just not gonna happen.

As @Doug B says they're a compromise. When I was setting up my shop I went for a large combo even though I probably had enough room for the equivalent separates. However I was anxious to have a large free floor space as well. The main annoyance of the combo is the conversion from planer to thicknesser so a couple of years ago I decided to compromise my free space to a small extent and install a medium sized stand-alone thicknesser.
Brian

I reckon separates down to planer and thicknesses. spindle and tenoner. rip saw and panel saw etc. combos are a bit of a pain and can be space hungry.

Latest posts

Back