Combi boiler.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retired

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm well aware many members will have their own preference when it comes to boiler choice but just for interest and to mention a boiler with less parts to go wrong;

5 years ago we were paying British Gas £300 per year for boiler cover alone ours then was an Ideal Isar which was rubbish; on it's last breakdown British Gas were here three consecutive days sorting it out in the middle of winter. I was a member of a big Internet forum so posted asking for advice and Intergas were highly recommends so we had our Intergas combi boiler installed and to date we don't know it's here; it's located in the workshop and is so quiet I hardly notice it; just one cheap annual service which is now due and forget it.

Just thought I'd mention Intergas.

Kind regards, Colin.

I also fitted an intergas boiler around five years ago. It's been faultless and idles over silently in the kitchen controlled with a nest thermostat using opentherm. Comfortable all of the time with no temperature swings.

Gerry

I thought the video was terrible. However looking in to the design further it is quite sensible. TBH not rocket science to incorporate an extra heat exchanger and avoid the need for valves to switch services. A higher initial capital outlay but lower costs and hassle long term.

My Baxi is 10yrs this year so could throw its hand in any day, although as we’re in such a soft water area I think I’ll get a few more years out of it. If not then I’ll be seriously considering one of these.

Fitz.

Back