• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Collection boxes and clock for Cambridge Central Mosque

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Cabinetman

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice collection box, just a thought with the new plastic notes that don’t fold will they go through those slots? Always used to have a round hole for notes. I’m presuming it’s the bottom comes off for emptying? Ian

MARK.B.

Established Member
Reaction score
The box looks great , and zero chance of someone running of with it, the box in our local church had to be bolted down after the previous one grew legs and disappeared:mad:.

philip sewell

Established Member
Reaction score
Fantastic work.

I would be paranoid about wood movement and splitting on those end grain "L" pieces on the box but I'm sure you've made it to allow for some movement.

Amateur

Established Member
Reaction score
This takes us into a different world of working with materials and equipment on an industrial basis.
They are in keeping with the mosque interior design but I'm afraid they don't do anything for me personally.
Sorry.

julianf

Established Member
Reaction score
That box is great. It seems to work on every level of design. One of the more impressive bits of work I've seen recently.

Cabinetman

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes but what about the roof, that took a bit of sorting out, looks like it was done in ordinary pine which is a shame

hugov

Reaction score
Gotta say, the Cambridge Mosque is probably the most beautiful new building in Cambridge in at least a decade. Phenomenal work with the trusses/roof structure especially.

petermillard

Established Member
Reaction score
That is lovely work. The Cambridge mosque was featured on a recent The Art of Architecture program (sky arts) well worth a watch if you have the time.