Colleague smashed top of my Festool CT Mini

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same model, CTL MIDI GB 240V R, which I purchased 6 years ago. In that time, I've broken the 500118 twice, frustratingly each time within the last 18 months. The first time a 13' scaffold board fell on it. The second time it fell off my bench. Avoid putting it on the bench, but if you have to then employ the brake!

I got the first one at £36.99 from [email protected] in Liverpool. Got the second one at £32.82 from [email protected]. There was a long wait for the second one due to Covid19?, but I suspect the delay was, more likely, due to Brexit.

I've recently bought a Festool open toolbox which I've attached to the CTL, to protect it. The logic there is, I'm hoping the toolbox is stronger than the hood. Good luck hunting down the best price.

Just resurrecting this thread to check how to change the hose garage on a Midi before I start fiddling with it, do the screws just go right through the motor unit from underneath?

Left my Midi at a customers house over the weekend and apparently a step ladder fell on it when they were decorating, they have kindly ordered a new top for me. It did have a couple of bits missing but certainly wasn't this bad 🤣

smashed vac.jpg

My main workshop vacuum is one bought in Lidl. It’s a Lavor Pro wet&dry and cost about £45 approx 10 years ago. The plastic has remained 100% intact for the simple reason of its shape. It has a rounded top with no protruding parts that could easily be broken. It has taken dogs abuse over the years and still works perfectly. Hooked up to my Makita mitre saw it’s powerful enough to have virtually nothing blowing out. It also has a power outlet that the saw plugs into, so operates automatically.
Interesting. I have a makita mitre saw hooked up to e Festool ct17, and it makes a right bloody mess

Mine got broke years ago, IIRC there are 4 long screws from inside up into the "garage" that then holds it all together, mine now has just has some bits of wood on the top of each screw, looks awful but works!

Back