Colleague smashed top of my Festool CT Mini

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a look on the Festool spares website but they don't seem to sell it as a spare part??
ct mini.png

Any help much appreciated! Thanks

I have three Festool vacs and all three have bits of black plastic broken off, not bothered fixing them because it will only happen again.

Think the new models are meant to be a bit more robust.

The hose garage on my first CT lasted 15 years. I managed to break it....I bought a replacement and it only lasted 12 months as the plastic was nowhere near as tough. I haven't bothered replacing it this time so it does look a bit sad and abused....

The hose garage on my first CT lasted 15 years. I managed to break it....I bought a replacement and it only lasted 12 months as the plastic was nowhere near as tough. I haven't bothered replacing it this time so it does look a bit sad and abused....
They don’t make them like they used to
79AC7FDC-546E-4BE8-8130-6B66B3A95219.png

:oops::oops:

I have a thirty year old 110v All Photos - 1 of 1 (1).jpegNeumatic George and it is still in good condition, does not look anywhere near as bad as that Festool.

Last edited:
I had an old Titan that came out of Wickes, used it for 20 years then one day i was cleaning a boat out that had been sunk. The vac hose fell into a locker & sucked up a lot of sea water. The vac kept running even though it was full to the brim & the ball shut of didnt operate. Sea water started hosing out of the motor cooling slots on the top with impressive sparks. It somehow kept running until i turned it off by pulling the extension lead out. Dried it out for a few days & it was fine & only expired 18 months later!

I had an old Titan that came out of Wickes, used it for 20 years then one day i was cleaning a boat out that had been sunk. The vac hose fell into a locker & sucked up a lot of sea water. The vac kept running even though it was full to the brim & the ball shut of didnt operate. Sea water started hosing out of the motor cooling slots on the top with impressive sparks. It somehow kept running until i turned it off by pulling the extension lead out. Dried it out for a few days & it was fine & only expired 18 months later!

youve just given me more fath in my titan!

I seem to remember being told many years ago that old Wickes power tools were made by quite a reputable power tool manufacturer though I can’t remember which one :unsure: dunno if this is still the case

I have a Numatic "Charles" that must be nearly 30 years old that I've had from new....Its had a hard life..... It gets used for sucking up water, brickdust...basically all the c r a p that I wouldn't want to suck up into my dust extractors. I've had to remake the electrical connection onto the switch a couple of times over the years as the cable flex has broken where it enters the motor housing, but apart from that, it still fires up every time.

Is Numatic stuff still made in the UK...? I'm sure it certainly used to be....

@dance Heads up about Festool parts (from any of the UK suppliers). It’s taking an age to get parts from Germany right now. I had a 7 week wait for parts for a DTS400 and am now 3 weeks into a wait for some other bits. If they have it in stock, you’re golden but if it needs to be ordered from Germany then it’ll be a while.

There’s also post Brexit funkiness with VAT on the parts above the duty thresholds.

My main workshop vacuum is one bought in Lidl. It’s a Lavor Pro wet&dry and cost about £45 approx 10 years ago. The plastic has remained 100% intact for the simple reason of its shape. It has a rounded top with no protruding parts that could easily be broken. It has taken dogs abuse over the years and still works perfectly. Hooked up to my Makita mitre saw it’s powerful enough to have virtually nothing blowing out. It also has a power outlet that the saw plugs into, so operates automatically.

I have a Festool CT26 I got off ebay years ago, think I paid £100 and was the only bid as it looked in such a mess. It had bits broken, covered in paint etc, even has some holes melted in it, no idea how the previous owner managed that. It has been used hard daily since I got it and has never missed a beat, I do like Festool vacs (y)

I've broken those tops bits off both my festool vacs, everytime I use them I think about making a wooden top part for them to store the hose and cables properly but I never quite get around to it. One day I'll have a go

Latest posts

Back