Collaboration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of the work on here is of items made solely by turning but I have been branching out and working with other crafters using different materials and ideas and these are two examples.

Critique and comments welcome.

--150000--122739_product_1730610616_thumb_large.jpg

This piece depicts a dragonfly settling on a root, polished and buffed, the polished bark looking like water flowing, to investigate a spilt pitcher made of beech. The dragonfly is made of fimo clay by a very clever sculptor friend, the rest is turned and carved.
The piece is approx. 10" long and 6" wide.

--150000--122739_product_1314202560_thumb_large.jpg

The water in fact is glass beads.Apart from these the whole piece is turned. The main basin is oak, the smaller one is beech and the tipped vase is poplar.

Pete

Bit of a Watery theme going on there Pete,

Both give the impression of a clean refreshing presentation, and not over busy despite the many components and form variations.

johnny.t.":25d4gmkj said:
Very interesting pieces Pete(in a good way!) 8). Nice to see you post some work , thought you had run away and left us! :lol:
Thanks for the comments. I am still around just that access to a computer is very hit and miss as I have to do it via my phone so sometimes takes forever. I'll try and post more work and comments in the future.

Pete

I really like those Pete. My favourite is the dragonfly. I can best describe them as looking restful. Even though there's no water I still see, feel and hear it running.

Thank you Jensmith. I am finding that working with crafters of other disciplines makes you think outside the box and look at things differently. Well worth doing.
Pete

Latest posts

Back