coffee table using rotten wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdust1

Established Member
Reaction score
Local farmer wanted a coffee table made from a tree cut down on their land that had been stored in a barn for longer than memory.
Had it sawn by a friend who rang to say its well rotten, i said do your best, and i did the same. I think it was spalted beech, it was so
rotten the timber would crumble as i handled it. Anyway this is the finished table, spray finished with a cellulose basecoat, top finished
off with a cellulose pull over.
DSC_0593.JPG

Local farmer wanted a coffee table made from a tree cut down on their land that had been stored in a barn for longer than memory.
Had it sawn by a friend who rang to say its well rotten, i said do your best, and i did the same. I think it was spalted beech, it was so
rotten the timber would crumble as i handled it. Anyway this is the finished table, spray finished with a cellulose basecoat, top finished
off with a cellulose pull over.View attachment 111079
Nice job - it's better to be sat in his living room than going up in smoke through the chimney

Back