coffee table designed by adam salvage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

i just found this plan and would like to make this table.
i am confused on the number of pieces needed for the top and hope someone can help.
it calls for 2 pieces measuring 460 x 30 x 55
when i convert this to inches i get : (L) 18" x (W) 1.18" x (T) 2.165" est.
should there be more pieces edgeglued together?
thank you

Can you post a likn to the plan or a picture of the finished table, then we may be able to help.

Jason

Welcome to the forum, Leslie.

We're talking about this table I assume? Looks like there's quite a error in sizes there - the top length is less than the side rails too. #-o Charley might be able to give us the correct dimensions. I'll PM him.

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Alf, seems there are a few errors in the finishing section too, wouldn't want to rub down with 10grit paper even if I could by it :?

Jason

jasonB":3999vuqb said:
Thanks Alf, seems there are a few errors in the finishing section too, wouldn't want to rub down with 10grit paper even if I could by it :?
Oh dearie me... Charley's absolutely promised to update the site, so I'm sure any errors and typos folks have spotted will be, ah, warmly welcomed so he can fix them at the same time... :twisted: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Welcome to UKW Leslie :D

I'm afraid I haven't got the measurements and doubt Adam has either but will check with him and post back here if I have any luck.

Due to the lack of..er..well information on this Project, I've got it on my list to remove the next time I update the site :roll:

Alf":3s49s4hm said:
Welcome to the forum, Leslie.

We're talking about this table I assume? Looks like there's quite a error in sizes there - the top length is less than the side rails too. #-o Charley might be able to give us the correct dimensions. I'll PM him.

Cheers, Alf

alf,
this is the coffee table. i look forward to your help
thanks

leslie":3eh0gbx3 said:
alf,
this is the coffee table. i look forward to your help
thanks
Oh dear...

Okay, lets take a shot. Totting up the lengths of the rails and the thickness of the legs gives us an overall leg assembly size of 720mm x370mm. So that's about 28 3/8" x 14 9/16", give or take a bit. So if you want the top to overhang, and I would think you do, it needs to be bigger than that. Soooo, how much over hang? Well by taking the thickness of the leg and comparing it to the overhang in the picture it looks like about 1 1/4" to me. So add that on the dimensions and we have a top 29 5/8" x 15 13/16" or thereabouts. (For the love of Norm, someone check my figures!) A better way to do it would probably be to make up the legs and rails first, then see what size top looks right, to be honest. So basically you need as many pieces as required to make up the necessary width, depending on your stock. Me, I'd glue up a top oversize in width and length and then cut down to what looked right to me.

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back