coffee table build?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah well but I am an old fart I guess, although I don't look my 80 years I am told. Highest estimate 72, lowest 65. Nah nah n nah nah :lol:

Yes I know people flatter!

But I do think I'll have a go at a similar table.
John (hammer)

Bob,

Given that bubinga is a really, really nice wood it would be a real shame to waste any by screwing up somewhere along the line.

Suggest you play with scrap softwood to help you decide what you want design wise? You could then use that to help template in your nice wood.

In terms of mixing timber if you haven't enough then it really is up to you in terms of what you like (one mans meat etc).

I'm a full decade short of 80, so the fact youre still breathing and on a computer does you credit. =D> =D>

Stuart... I never work with softwood unless its construction or garden furniture items. I really dont like using the stuff.
I understand your concern for my bubinga, but I am hopeful of making something decent enough to sell for 50 euro so it wont all go to the firewood pile.

I'm after advice on cross bar thickness. Assuming I do a half lap at the cross, what would be the minimum thickness of vertical timber on the long arm (about 1 metre)?
I might have to draw a plan and paste it here for advice.

Back