Cocobolo form - for critique

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
=D> WOW =D> Another stunning, work of art piece.

How do you turn items that thin? especially the base, I am assuming it is one piece! Just looking at the picture I would be hesitant in picking it up, never mind trying to turn it on a lathe! unbelievable :lol:

Harlequin,

This piece looks beautifully balanced to me and I love the way the body almost appears to float above the base. (Are they one piece or joined?). I find the lid/finial a little fussy, but admire the craftsmanship that went in to making it. Overall a very pleasing piece.

What a fantastic piece of precision turning!
As said above, the join between the body and the base is simply stunning. And the extra detail revealed when the lid is off, excellent!

Thanks all
Alli - yes, the base is indeed turned from a single piece :)

The key is to keep tools sharp all the time

That is beautiful =D> =D> =D> =D>

Having the ability to design such a piece is an achievement in itself but to then execute it so faultlessly
is amazing.

Wow, that's incredible. Stunning piece and I love the finial with the little drop on the bottom of the 'C'

Harlequin. Well done. I will be the first to critisize. The foot a tad or two smaller in diameter. The finial bulb section also a little thinner.
The mock ivory piece to thick. All the above my opinion and given with the best intensions Regards Roger C

Back