CNC Router Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mill3482

Reaction score
Hello all, just wondering if anyone has made a jig before for a CNC machine in order to be able to router the end or edge of a piece of plywood (as opposed to the front or back). In other words the plywood would not lay flat on the table and instead would be on its edge, which would be necessary in order to router dovetails for example. Thanks in advance for any input.
Cheers,
Adam

Not yet, but adding the ability to hold boards vertically is something I want to add to my CNC. The ability to do so will vary hugely depending on the CNC’s design. Mine has a welded steel frame, bridged by a 10 mm aluminium plate, so I need to decide whether: to cut a hole in it to mount the board somewhere in the middle; or cut away the front and mount the jig there.

The mounting jig itself will just be aluminium extrusion and clamps: the critical thing is everything being orthogonal or perpendicular to the appropriate axis, but that is fixed by allowing for adjustment and measured with a dial indicator mounted to the spindle mount before tightening everything down.

Back