Members can turn off viewing Ads!

CNC company recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Baja-king

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Can anybody recommend a CNC company to fabricate 1 off parts in HDF/MDF from drawings i.e. sketchup

Thanks in advance

Baja-king

Established Member
Reaction score
Just dropped my local FabLab an email,

Think that will work well for what I want

Nick Laguna UK

Established Member
Reaction score
Baja-king":1hxk7cje said:
Was hoping for recommendations...
If FabLab don't work, It could be worth dropping a line to Wayne at Essex Woodcrafts - I know he's the opposite side of the country to you, but he is the Legacy CNC agent for UK with a fully kitted workshop & he may be able to help out and quote? He is a good guy too & depending upon the size you are after it's fairly cheap to post things up to a certain size/weight.

https://lwmcnc.com/essexwoodcrafts/

Cheers,
Nick

shed9

Established Member
Reaction score
Baja-king":265w40xz said:
Just dropped my local FabLab an email,

Think that will work well for what I want
I'm a big proponent for FabLab, I was involved fairly early on and a very small part of the MIT team a good few years back.

We (Wales) don't seem to have taken FabLab up to the same extent as the rest of the UK / Europe. They are often woefully underused and neglected by local / central government in terms of visibility and recognition. I have fought for years with government to get more involved. The Cardiff Lab has an AXYZ flatbed with 8x4 capacity so they can definitely do what you want. I don't know what their model is in terms of personal / commercial projects - some charge and some don't. At the very least if they can't help in Cardiff they can point you to the next one.

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a cnc router and offer that service but without more details from you it very unclear what you are asking for.