CMT 60tooth blade.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Has member know I recently acquired the scheppach 2500ci tablesaw which came supplied with a 27t scheppach blade.

The saw and blade fitted cuts accurately and is a pleasure to use with the sliding carriage. SPOT ON.

However when comparing ths surface of the cut compared with a cut made on my axminster aws10 mitre saw supplied with the CMT blade the finish is no where as good.

So I removed the CMT blade and fitted it to the scheppach.

The cut is still not as good a finish as when on the chop saw.

Why is this?

Is it because when used on the chop saw the timber is clamped down and also has a fence acting against the force of cut?

The scheppach did not come with a clamping system on the sliding carriage shoud I find a way to effect this operation?

Mcluma, my point is that the CMT blade makes a cleaner cut on the chop saw than when the same blade is used in the table saw.

Designed to run at different speeds?

Adam

DW

My guess would be that in the chop saw the blade teeth only pass through on one edge of the blade and then the saw blade is pulled out of the cut the way it went in. On your saw bench you are passing the wood past the front cutting edge and then through past the trailing edge of the blade. As an experiment cut a piece of 2x2 and after it has been cut and as it passes through the rest of the blade see if you can hear the teeth at the rear of the blade making contact with the wood again. If so I thinkyour carriage may not be running as true as you first thought (hope this is not opening another can of worms ) :)

Cheers Alan

Thanks Alan, I did consider the problem has you suggest, and eliminated that scenario at the time by withholding the timber from the back side cutting action.
I still think it is because the chop saw cut is firmly clamped to the bench and the table saw cut is mainly only hanging on the fence and gripped by my feeble fingers, thereby allowing some very slight movement.
Would like to attach a clamp to the scheppach fence but this is only of a slender ali material and thought I could run into another problem.
For the time being I shall have to use my shooting board to get a clean end grain finish, which is a shame because accuracy could then be comprimised.
The chop saw cut by the way deviates off line on wider boards so hence wanting to use the sliding table.

Latest posts

Back