Clothes horse/throw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plymouth pirate

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a design for a piece of "furniture" that stands by ones bed and holds the clothes off the floor until next required at the break of day.

Normally, for me, it is usual to discard everything on the deck when retiring, but, as i'm nearing old age I really should start thinking about becoming a little more refined.

ColeyS1":1s5axkr5 said:
plymouth pirate":1s5axkr5 said:
Chrispy":1s5axkr5 said:
A folding chair then

I give up, no sense on this forum. :?
Sounds like you've already got something in mind ? :-?

I've seen something, in the past, that is a bit like an old clothes rack, but a bit more elaborate. Trouble is I can't remember where I saw it. It's sort of a posh mans chair, if you know what I mean. :p

When I worked and used to wear suits, I used to have a Corby Trouser Press that had a built hanger for your jacket and depressions in the top for the junk out of your pockets.
You could copy the basic shape?

Rod

i used to have something that looked like a wooden coat hanger on top, without the hook, to hang a jacket on. There were 2 round columns fixed to the underside of the wings of the hanger that held this at the right height and were secured to a base, and one or two intermediate ties that added some strength and allowed for somewhere to put a pait of folded trousers on. Right on top was a tray to put the pocket schrapnel on. It was designed to screw together like a snooker cue. same principle as my earlier link, but would have been cheaper, simpler and probably a bit dated now. I was given it by a relation, but it would have been the type of thing you would have found in somewhere like bhs or dunelm mill maybe.

Like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 462
Back