Clock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clockie

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is one of Nelson's clocks I have just finished. It was started last September but I have been waiting for some good weather to finish oiling. I have to oil outside because my shed is small and the skets will be over everything. The design has been altered because the throat is 18" and the original is a lot longer.

Attachments

• clock3-1.jpg
    clock3-1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,066
That's a fantastic clock!
Very well done :)
I'd love to be able to find the time to make something so beautiful, but sadly my never-ending pile of college work stops me from doing so ):
Again, well done with making such a brilliant piece of work :)

Hi Clockie,
Wonderful clock i would love to make one of them is there a site that sells the patterns, again super job,

Brian.

Hello Brian. I think the plans for this clock came from a book by Nelson. I have cut a few of his clocks. There are quite a few in old scroll saw magazines. The problem is that I always redraw plans so as to print them out in red lines on white paper so that I can see the cut line. Also by redrawing I use thin lines which makes cutting more accurate particularity in making joints. I alter the construction sometimes. On this clock the front plate is rebated so as to take the side panels and the tusk tenons have gone. Nelson's drawings tend to use thick lines and the use of tusk tenons ubiquitous (modern glues make them redundant). I am unaware to any sites with this particular plan, although there is a nice plan on the Foxchapel site itself of a different clock. Out of interest I used Cascamite glue. Just shows my age.

Back