Clock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter-harrison

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, here’s what I’m working on at the moment. It’s a special clock with 7 faces. Made with cnc’d birch ply, veneered with sand shaded oak and finished with satin lacquer

Attachments

• 22B13D43-5163-465C-881D-ADA4BE6AF6F0.jpeg
    22B13D43-5163-465C-881D-ADA4BE6AF6F0.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 56
More to the point - will you be using 1 or 7 clock movements? we need to see the back as well as the face.

More to the point - will you be using 1 or 7 clock movements? we need to see the back as well as the face.
There will be 7 movements but only the central one will have a battery. The others will be set to times for prayers, which vary according to sunrise/sunset.
I'll post a pic of the back and front when it's finished

Are you having 7 clocks set at different time zones ?
It's for a mosque. There are 6 prayers whose time varies with the seasons so the outer faces show when those prayers happen. The middle one shows the time of day. It will go somewhere on the facing wall in the photo. It is replacing the aesthetically challenged clock you can see to the lef of the doors!
BW5R8274-2-1024x683.jpg

The others will be set to times for prayers, which vary according to sunrise/sunset.
Ah ... That begins to make sense. On first noting the 7 movements I was minded of the 7 face clock of Giovanni de' Dondi which showed the positions of the known planets at the time (1340-50 ish)

Latest posts

Back